What to Bring
Make sure your child's bag is small enough for them to carry, but big enough to hold the items below:
- a full change of weather appropriate clothing
- 2 pairs of underpants & 1 pair of socks
- 1 jumper (regardless of weather)
- a drink bottle full of water
- lunch box (see below)
- morning tea bag or container
What to Wear
Please dress your child in appropriate clothing for play and the expected weather.
- Make sure the clothes are easy for your child to pull up/down and don't require too much assistance from the educators.
- If your child likes dresses, encourage dresses with sleeves. Many dresses only have thin straps and do not provide adequate sun protection for their shoulders or backs. We prefer to see the children in skirts/shorts and t-shirts during the summer months
- The Preschool will supply your child with his/her own hat for use during term
- We prefer to see children in enclosed shoes such as joggers, boots or sandals. For safety reasons please do not send you child in thongs/flip-flops/'crocs'.
Please label everything, especially jumpers as these are on and off all day and are the most commonly misplaced items. Lunch boxes and water bottles must be labelled for the health and safety of all children. Please clearly label your child's bag - it may also be a good idea to put a tag or something similar on their bag that they can recognise in case there are identical bags.
The Preschool uses a number of methods for communication between families and Educators.
Every child has their own "Busy Box" for storage of art & craft and also any important notes, information and reminders as the need arises. .
Adjacent to the daily sign-in sheet is a communication book that allows parents or Educators to enter requests, reminders and incidental information such as a change in time of pick-up etc.
Our noticeboards contain information about our daily planned programming, events in the community, Preschool fundraising, mandatory parent-helper shifts, yard duty rosters and other useful information. We also post details of any "spare" Preschool days available as a result of families going on holiday, which parents are responsible for advertising and any monies involved.
Daily Update and Observations
Photographs of Preschool activities are taken by the Educators each day. These are used in the children's portfolios using our online format - "EDUCA" . Educators also prepare a daily written summary of groups and individuals where significant learning events have been observed. These are on our on line portal - EDUCA
We often communicate with families via their preferred email address. All notices and forms are also made available on EDUCA. Fee invoices, regular newsletters and other reminders are shared with families by this method. However, if your child is to be absent for any reason, we prefer you to contact the Preschool by telephone ASAP. PH: 9875 4458